SALT LAKE CITY — The windows of an apartment in suburban Salt Lake City were blown-out after authorities say an explosion was caused by three men using a leaking lighter while smoking marijuana.
Cottonwood Heights police say Saturday night the lighter was leaking butane that was ignited by the pilot light on the water heater. The gas exploded and shattered three windows.
Police say the explosion also lit the carpet on fire but it was extinguished quickly.
The three men were not injured in the explosion. Two of the men remained at the scene and a third was caught later in the night.
Police say they are considering charges for drug possession and other crimes against the men.